Newborn Photography in Norman, OK
Newborn photography sessions are my favorite! I have invested a lot of time and money into newborn photography training, and acquired the right kind of equipment to take stunning newborn photos while keeping your newborn very safe throughout the process.
Because of the equipment I have for these sessions, I exclusively do newborn photo sessions at my studio in East Norman.
Keep scrolling to learn more about my process, pricing, and how to get started with a Newborn Photo Session in Norman, OK.
How Do Newborn Photos Work?
Follow these 8 easy steps to book a newborn photo session with Mary Thomas Photography:
- Fill out this form to get started. I recommend booking these photos in your second or third trimester to ensure my availability.
- Once booked, I will be available 20 days before and 20 days after your due date to make sure we get photos of your newborn at 5 – 15 days old. Please contact me when Baby arrives so I can prepare for your session!
- If you would like to bring 1-2 outfits to the photoshoot I will incorporate them into the photos, but please know I have plenty of blankets, props, and hats/headbands to choose from! If you book early enough, I can purchase 1-2 custom props just for your photoshoot.
- Show up on the scheduled day at my studio in East Norman.
- Prepare to stay for several hours. This allows me time to get great photos of your newborn.
- If possible coordinate with your spouse or family members to bring siblings at the beginning or end of the photoshoot instead of making them stay the whole time. But I do have a few toys and a nearby park (and Chick-Fil-A!) if everyone needs to stay.
- After the photoshoot, wait 7-14 days while I prepare your photos for viewing.
- Enjoy and print your images at the printing lab of your choice!
Pricing for Newborn & Baby Photos in Norman
NEWBORN PHOTO SESSION
- Custom Props, Wraps, Hats/Headbands
- 3-4 Hour Photo Shoot
- 25-35 Image Gallery
- Download Link
- Printing Rights
BABY PHOTO SESSION (CHILDREN < 2)
- Custom Props, Hats/Headbands, Outfits
- 1-Hour Photo Shoot
- 15-20 Image Gallery
- Download Link
- Printing Rights
$150 is due at time of booking. Balance is due no later than the session date. Ideally, newborns should be 5-14 days old. Baby sessions are NOT available for newborns. My studio space is located in East Norman. Payment plans are available upon request. $50 discount for NPS teachers, CMS clients & clients who book before their 28th week.
What Others Say About Mary Thomas’ Newborn Photos…
“Such passion in a photographer. She truly cares about the safety of her little charges. Complete understanding of how to use light and her equipment. Mary Thomas Photography is hard to beat! From newborns to the ‘golden’ years. She’ll take care of you and get the perfect shots to capture your memories.“
Lynn Tracey Conaway
Frequently Asked Questions About Newborn & Baby Photos
Q. Babies come on their own schedule! How will I know you will be available to photograph my newborn?
A: Your $150 deposit guarantees my availability 20 days before and 20 days after your due date. If there are any extenuating circumstances, medical or otherwise, that cuase Baby to come significantly early or late and I cannot accommodate you, I will refund 100% of your deposit. That said, these are my favorite sessions, so I will do my very best to get you in!
Q. When should I schedule my session?
A: The earlier the better! I can best accommodate you if you schedule your session while you are still pregnant – in your second or third trimester. I can also order custom props for your session with 2-3 months’ notice.
Q. I would like older sibling(s) to be in some of the photos, but 3-4 hours is WAY longer than their attention span!
A: I’d suggest having Dad, a relative, or a sitter look after older siblings at home and bring them in at the very beginning or very end of the session for best results.
Q. My newborn is very colicky and I am afraid he/she won’t be sleeping/peaceful in any of the photos!
A: I have many safe tricks up my sleeve for comforting colicky babies. I also allow 3-4 hours for these sessions just in case it takes a while to calm your newborn or coax him or her to sleep.
Q. Can you come to my house for the session?
A: I only shoot newborn sessions at my home studio, and when you come you will see why! I have tried very unsuccessfully to stuff my posing beanbag, lighting equipment (including a 50” x 50” softbox), huge collection of blankets and props, soothing tools, and camera bag into my Sedan; it’s just not practical. That is why I have all newborn clients come to me.
That said, I offer water and snacks, a comfortable place to nurse or bottle feed your new baby, and a pleasant seating area for you to watch me work or just relax.
Q. I’m having twins (or triplets!). Is there any additional cost?
A: Nope! Feel free to bring a helper to help juggle/feed your multiples, too.
Q: My baby is too old for newborn pictures, can he/she still be photographed?
A: Yes! My baby sessions can be indoors in my studio or outdoors. I suggest scheduling a session at 3 months or when Baby can be posed on his tummy, or at 6 months or when Baby can sit without assistance. And of course, I offer first birthday sessions! Bring a cake if you want me to capture those adorable cake smash images! See my Pinterest board for more baby session inspiration.
Have more questions about how photography sessions work with Mary Thomas Photography? See our General FAQs page for more info.